The gospel inspires guidance in Young Adults
- We need to tighten our grip on the rod that leads us back to Him.
- Now is the “day of choosing” for all of us.
- Mission, education, marriage, career, and service in the Church will shape your eternal destiny.
How the Young Adults can stay on the right path
- “fly right” in the gathering storms of the last days.
- By this shall you know, all things … pertaining unto things of righteousness.”
- Pay your tithing and then save as much as you can
- Obtain part-time employment in order to help pay your own way through your education. This will require some sacrifice”
Guidance in meeting the challenges of the world
- None of us marry perfection, we marry potential
- Dating and marriage are the gateways to the final destinations
- Only your faith and prayers will cause you to lift yourself and have the mighty change of heart.
- What choices do I need to make to stay worthy?
I picked my favorite talk from General Conference back in October 2015 given by Elder Robert D. Hales. It is titled “Meeting the Challenges of Today’s World.” After I read my talk, I picked out the important words to me. I then searched different titles and key phrases in google to find pictures that matched my words. The theme I wanted was the orange sunset silhouette look to my pictures which I think I accomplished pretty well. My audience is for young adults since that is what my talk applies to. My slides teach young adults about how to face the challenges of the world. I wanted to show the message there are many blessings that come from staying on the Lord’s side in all the challenges thrown our way. I used bright designs, with high contrasting colors, and textured landscapes. I used a complementary color scheme with orange and blue. I sketched out how I wanted to include the text and created a repeating element of a flower and put it all together in Powerpoint!
I got a critique from Sister Peterson in the critique video where she told me to make sure one of my images wasn’t stretched out. She also suggested that I changed the space of my repeating element in some of the slides to make it more visually pleasing. I got a critique from Racheal Pearson and Micheala Belbin on the Comm Class facebook on Wednesday. They suggested that on my slide four, I make the words more bolded or change the color so that they stand out more. I followed most of the advice given, but I couldn’t find a design that I liked of the words to change them to make them stand out more so I left them.
Fonts: Love & Trust: bold (Decorative)